Sunday, September 13, 2015

making progress

I haven't made a list of goals in a long time. I used to do it monthly on my old blog and decided this month, I'd give it a go and see what I could get accomplished. I made 5 goals because I thought that was a reasonable and should be fairly easy to accomplish. My goals are as follows:

  1. Finish knitting all the items for the wedding gift.
  2. Complete a quilt from start to finish.
  3. Sell 10 things out of my etsy shop.
  4. Finish and submit my Hermione's Everyday Socks to Yarnathon.
  5. Finalize all the items I plan to make/sell at Yelp's Totally Bazaar.
So far the only that I think may give me trouble will be completing the quilt. I know what fabric I want to use, but I'm unsure of the pattern or if I'll even use a pattern.

Knitting 

I've had a couple of finishes over the past couple of weeks. A shawl, a sock and several headbands. I'm doing well with getting wedding gift items completed. I've finished 3 of the 4 items. If I sit down and put some time into the last one I shouldn't have a problem getting it done by the end of the month. 

I'm kind of dreading the second sock for my pair of Hermione socks. I've got second sock syndrome. I really need to get this done by the end of the month so I can get it submitted and enter it into the quarterly contest. The first sock took 2 months...it shouldn't have, but I kept putting it down to work on other things.

the colors are so beautiful and the yarn so soft. - Molly Walker Shawl


Sewing 

I had a Flash Sale last week to drum up some business because I a) had a bill I forgot to pay and b) I really wanted to go out for Thai food. I ended up selling 6 or 7 items through my etsy shop, so I've only got a few more items left to sell. More project bags sewn up and listed. I've got a few more cut and ready to sew up, but I want a break from sewing anything with zippers.

I need to get started on that quilt and need to make myself a needle holder for my DPNs. The plastic pouches they're stored in are ripping and I don't want a bunch of needles all over the place. 

Yelp's Bazaar 

I have two items finalized for YTB. I think I want to add two more items since I'll be retiring my popcorn/bubble cowl. I want to replace that with another cowl and I think I' want to make another set of fingerless gloves.

I learned brioche knit this past week and knit up a headband to go with the Molly Walker shawl and since it was easy and quick enough I decided that would be one of my new items for this year. It's a simple pattern that's easy to adjust for width and size which gives my customers more options. I think I'm going to write up the pattern and upload it to Ravelry and post here on the blog as well. So look for that sometime in the next week or so. I need to get some good photos first.

not the best photo, but it works. - turban headband
I think making the goals is definitely helping me get working on all the stuff that needs to get done. Hopefully I can keep up this momentum and be ready for YTB by the middle of November and have some extra time to spare.

No comments: